Where can you find easy-to-understand health information and reliable resources to answer your questions?Living with a condition such as high blood pressure, lung disease, depression, diabetes, heart failure or high cholesterol can be challenging. The AultCare Disease Management Department
offers members information and resources which they can use to become an active partner in their health care. You may be automatically enrolled as a benefit of your AultCare health plan.What if I do not have a health problem and want to make sure that I am making good health choices now?
Any AultCare member can contact the Disease Management Department. Preventing illness and avoiding disease are primary goals of the Disease Management Team. They have access to a wealth of information to help you take control of your health and make informed choices for a healthier future.If you would like to learn more about different health topics, contact a member of the Disease Management Team.
Our friendly healthcare professionals can provide access to the latest information on health issues. They can help you plan for visits to your doctor and support you as you manage your health. The buttons on the left will lead you to more information about:
• Disease Management
• Tele-Monitoring Program for Heart Failure
- Daily management of your congestive heart failure can prevent unnecessary hospitalizations and improve your quality of life. This program monitors your weight and symptoms every day at home and automatically sends the information
directly to a nurse.
• Tele-Monitoring Program for Diabetes
- You can use your blood glucose meter at home to measure your blood glucose levels every day. At regular intervals, you send the readings to a diabetes nurse specialist. By sending this in-home link to your medical team, you can increase your confidence and independence as you manage your diabetes.Proactive and Preventive Health Management Self-Assessment ToolsClick here
to view links to a variety of proactive and preventive health management self-assessment tools. Contact the Disease Management Department at AultCare for more information.Preventive Care Alert
AultCare wants to help prevent health problems such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Your doctor can order tests to help you keep an eye on your health. These screening tests can prevent some diseases like colon cancer. Other illnesses such as heart disease can be found when it is easier to treat.
Not everyone needs the same tests done. The recommended tests depend on your age and gender. The reminder letter is based on claims paid through the date noted. If you had the test but AultCare did not get a claim, there is no record of the test being done. So you may see a reminder even though you had the test. We always suggest that you talk to your doctor about any questions you have.
AultCare looks at the claims that we have to see if you have had the following tests:
• Pap Test
• PSA Test
• Colorectal Cancer Screening
• Diabetes Prevention TestingThis article is for information purposes only. It is not intended to take the place of your doctor`s advice. Your AultCare plan may not provide total coverage for these tests. If you have a question about your benefits or if you have any questions about the information above please call the AultCare Customer Service Center at 330-363-6360 or 1-800-344-8858 or TTY 330-363-2393 or 1-866-633-4752.